About the IAIABC
The International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions (IAIABC) is a not-for-profit trade association representing government agencies charged with the administration of workers' compensation systems throughout the United States, Canada, and other nations and territories.
Founded in 1914, the IAIABC is the world’s oldest trade association dedicated to promoting the advancement of workers’ compensation systems throughout the world through education, research, and resource management. The theme “Find Information. Connect People.” captures the heart of the association as it continues its mission through the twenty-first century.
The mission of the IAIABC is to advance the efficiency and effectiveness of workers' compensation systems throughout the world. To do this, the IAIABC will strive to:
Ensure the IAIABC is the expert resource for the latest research, policies, best practices, standards and information through
- Increasing outreach and connectivity on a global basis.
- Identifying and communicating the most current issues in workers’ compensation.
- Provide a forum for regulators, stakeholders and experts to share information and discuss issues and solutions.
- Assist jurisdictions in identifying opportunities for reducing costs and improving the delivery of benefits.
- Develop, analyze, and promulgate standards and uniform practices.
- Ensure that the IAIABC membership includes every facet of the health, safety, and workers’ compensation communities.
A dynamic group of members encompassing specialties in a variety of workers’ compensation areas are united by annual memberships. The IAIABC represents workers' compensation professionals, medical providers, insurers, and corporate agencies with 60 jurisdictions and over 150 associate corporate members. Many of the most influential and committed leaders of in the field of workers' compensation are active members of the IAIABC.
Committee work is the heart of the IAIABC. Individuals from a number of jurisdictions and corporations combine their special on-going administrative interests to form over 30 committees and subcommittees. The committee research and work products are invaluable to the IAIABC and workers’ compensation industry. Many are continuous projects that provide ongoing support for workers' compensation systems, such as self insurance and EDI.
The IAIABC organizes and sponsors two major annual events: the Annual Convention and The Forum (formerly the All Committee Conference). Other ad hoc events include EDI training, Alternative Dispute Resolution training, E-vents (web-based seminars), and workshops based on membership needs or requests.
Read about the History of the IAIABC.