The IAIABC's current employment opportunities are listed below.
IAIABC Education Services Manager
The International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions (IAIABC) is hiring for an Education Services Manager. Yes, you read that right – the IAIABC (we’ve been around since 1914, things were different then).
What is the role?
The Education Services Manager will lead the development and execution of the IAIABC’s educational programs, held in multiple formats throughout the year, and educational sessions at its conferences. The IAIABC offers several virtual training and continuing education programs; develops hot topic webinars and discussion sessions; and hosts two conferences a year, both with speakers invited from around the world.
What is the IAIABC?
The IAIABC is a trade association for jurisdictional agencies and private sector organizations involved in workers’ compensation regulation and service delivery. The IAIABC provides education, develops content, supports committee work, develops industry standards, shares best practices, and connects its member organizations and their staff, all in the name of finding solutions to reduce harm and aid recovery from occupational injuries and illnesses.
Who will you be working with?
The IAIABC staff is small but mighty, and truly embodies the spirit of working hard and playing hard. We enjoy what we do and enjoy doing it together. Building and cultivating a positive and supportive work environment and culture is of critical importance to the IAIABC Executive Director and staff.
The IAIABC operates as a fully remote staff, but currently maintains a headquarters office in Middleton, Wisconsin. Travel for staff engagement activities may be required 1-2 times per year to help maintain that staff culture!
Are you the right person to help lead the IAIABC’s education efforts? We’d love to find out!
The Education Services Manager will be asked to:
- Recommend, develop (with the help of subject matter experts), and execute education programs that meet the needs of the IAIABC community including in-person and virtual events and training
- Manage content, instructors, and speakers for IAIABC education programs
- Support IAIABC committees and volunteers in education content development and execution of programs
- Develop methods to test knowledge retention and skill application for program participants
- Develop and implement evaluation methods to measure the success of education programs
- Develop budgets for education programs
- Administer learning management system and the content within to achieve goals and enhance educational program participant experience
- Serve as staff liaison to IAIABC committees as needed
- Stay on top of emerging trends in adult education
What kind of experience and expertise are we looking for?
- Experience in developing adult educational programs
- Experience managing and working with diverse communities and stakeholders with differing objectives
- Customer-centric attitude
- Ability to travel 4-5 times per year two IAIABC conferences, as well as an IAIABC Board meeting, external conferences, continuing education, and/or staff engagement activities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working in the workers' compensation industry
- Experience with learning management systems (the IAIABC uses Docebo)
- Experience with Association Management Software (the IAIABC uses Novi AMS) or CRM software
- Experience working with authoring tools like Articulate 360
- Experience working with volunteer committees and leadership groups
- Supervisory experience
Benefits are important! Here’s what the IAIABC offers its staff.
- The salary range for this position is $66,000-72,000 per year
- A generous benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, SEP retirement contribution after 2 years of employment, 13 days of vacation starting, paid sick leave, and 11 paid holidays per year
- Flexible Fridays with office closing at 1:00 pm and paid time off between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- An inclusive culture that supports the group while respecting differences of opinion and ideas
Email your cover letter and resume to Heather Lore, IAIABC, at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 21, 2022.