IAIABC NextGen launched in 2017 as a way to recognize talented young professionals who are having a substantial and positive impact on workers' compensation, making a significant difference within their organizations, and leading the industry into the future.
As the workers' compensation industry ages and workplaces change through technology and globalization, there is no better time to support the development of the leaders of today and tomorrow.
2021 NextGen Nominations
IAIABC NextGen Award nominations will be open March 1 - May 14, 2021.
- The individual has a substantial, positive impact on their organization and/or the workers’ compensation industry.
- The individual sets themselves apart from others through their professional and personal achievements, accomplishments, dedication, contributions, and impact.
Nominators are asked to provide as much detailed and specific information as possible about the nominee's achievements and accomplishments and why they are deserving of an IAIABC NextGen Award.
- Nominee must be age 39 or under as of December 31, 2021.
- Nominations must be received by May 14, 2021 for consideration for the 2021 NextGen Award.
- Nominees cannot self-nominate.
- Nominees must work in the workers' compensation industry.
- Nominees do not need to work for an IAIABC member organization.
- Nominee has not already received an IAIABC NextGen Award. They may have been previously nominated.
Note to Nominators
- The nomination submitted is the sole basis used to determine who will receive a NextGen Award. Please be thoughtful in articulating what makes the individual a worthy candidate.
- Nominators are asked to provide as much detailed information as possible about why the nominee is deserving of an IAIABC NextGen Award, including both objective metrics and examples and subjective rationale.
- Nominations are appreciated by the IAIABC, and hopefully also by the nominee. Their work is honored through their nomination. The IAIABC will be notifying all nominees of their nomination once nominations are closed.
To make comparisons between nominees more balanced and equitable, nominees will fall into one of two categories:
- Jurisdiction: Nominee works for a governmental organization (state, province, country) that regulates and administers that jurisdiction's workers' compensation laws.
- Private Sector Industry: Nominee works for a non-governmental organization that does business in the workers' compensation industry.
IAIABC NextGen Award winners will be:
- Invited to participate as a speaker during a NextGen discussion at the IAIABC 107th Convention in the fall of 2021.
- Be eligible to receive a complimentary registration to the IAIABC 107th Convention.
- Featured in a special edition of IAIABC Perspectives, the IAIABC digital magazine.
- Featured on the IAIABC website on the home page and Awards webpage
- Recognized in many other ways!
Please share the Information Sheet with those who may be interested in nominating someone for an IAIABC NextGen Award.
Congratulations to recipients of the 2020 IAIABC NextGen Awards! During what has been an undeniably challenging year, these professionals rose above and had meaningful impact on their organizations and the workers' compensation industry.
The IAIABC congratulates the 2020 recipients:
Alternative Dispute Resolution Supervisor, Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission
James “Jay” Hicks
Ombudsman Attorney, Tennessee Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
Manager of Claims and Insurance Programs, Colorado Division of Workers’ Compensation
Compliance Manager, Gallagher Bassett
Analytics Consultant, Gallagher Bassett