IAIABC NextGen Awards launched in 2017 as a way to recognize talented individuals under the age of 40 who are having a substantial and positive impact on workers' compensation, making a significant difference within their organizations, and leading the industry into the future.
2022 NextGen Award Nominations
Nominations for the 2022 IAIABC NextGen Awards are open April 1 - May 13, 2022. Nominate someone you know today to recognize them for their achievements, accomplishments, and exemplary work. IAIABC NextGen Awards are competitive, and not all nominees can win an official Award, but all nominees are winners.
IAIABC NextGen Award winners will be selected based the following criteria:
- The individual has a substantial, positive impact on their organization and/or the workers' compensation/occupational accident insurance industry.
- The individual sets themselves apart through their work.
- Nominees must be age 39 or under as of December 31, 2022.
- Nominations must be received by May 13, 2022 for consideration for a 2022 IAIABC NextGen Award.
- Nominees must work in the workers’ compensation/occupational accident insurance industry.
- Nominees do not need to work for an IAIABC Member organization.
- Nominee has not already received an IAIABC NextGen Award. They may have been previously nominated.
Note to Nominators
- Nominations must be submitted by someone other than the nominee (nominees cannot self-nominate).
- The nomination submitted is the sole basis used to determine who will receive NextGen Awards. Please be thoughtful in articulating what makes the individual a worthy candidate.
- Nominators are asked to provide as much detailed information as possible about why the nominee is deserving of an IAIABC NextGen Award, including both objective metrics and examples and subjective rationale.
- Nominators are asked to provide a statement of support from someone other than the primary nominator.
- Nominations are appreciated by the IAIABC, and hopefully also by the nominee. Their work is honored through their nomination. The IAIABC will be notifying all nominees of their nomination once nominations are closed.
2021 NextGen Award Recipients
Congratulations to the recipients of the 2021 IAIABC NextGen Awards. You represent the present and the future of the workers' compensation industry and we proudly recognize you for your accomplishments.
The Black Car Fund
Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission
Tennessee Bureau of Workers' Compensation
Petyah "Tia" Pierre
Broward County Sheriff's Office
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)