About Committees- Prep Page
IAIABC committees support the mission of the Association to find solutions to reduce harm and aid recovery from occupational injuries and illnesses. They play an important, active role in connecting members and sharing information and insights with the IAIABC and workers' compensation community. Joining an IAIABC committee is an excellent way to become engaged in the IAIABC and build new relationships in the industry.
The IAIABC has 10 committees that meet to discuss issues and work on important resources for IAIABC members and the workers' compensation industry.
- Dispute Resolution
- EDI Claims
- EDI Medical/Medical Provider to Payer (ProPay)
- EDI Proof of Coverage
- EDI Systems
- Medical Issues
- Research and Standards
- Work Disability Prevention and Return to Work
Responsibilities and Expectations
IAIABC committees meet throughout the year, at different frequencies depending on the committee. Committees traditionally host face-to-face meetings at the IAIABC Convention and The Forum.
Responsibilities of committee members include:
- Attending virtual and face-to-face committee meetings as scheduled. Committee members are asked to participate in at least one face-to-face meeting per year, if unable to attend both.
- Actively participating in planning, implementing, and executing short- and long-term committee projects and goals.
- Pariticpating in commitee activities and fulfilling assignments in a timely manner.
- Assisting committee leaders with formulating ideas and topics for discussions, projects, and products that will meet the mission of the IAIABC.
- Participating in committee discussions, including during meetings, in online communities, and through other means.
Committee appointments are for one calendar year. Applications are open in October and November for the following year.
Applications for committee membership are now open. To apply for committee membership, please fill out this application form. Current committee members must reapply for every term. The deadline to apply for committee membership is Friday, November 18th.
The International, Medical Issues, and Research & Standards committees have open leadership roles. If you are interested in serving as a committee leader for one of these committees, please fill out this committee leadership application form.
Apply for a Committee Leadership Position
The next committee application period will be after The Forum (April 2023).
While committees meet all year, often their most productive and well-attended meetings take place during the IAIABC Convention in the fall and The Forum in the spring. Read these Committee Summaries to learn what the committees have been discussing.
IAIABC 108th Convention Digest - Coming Soon (September 2022)
The Forum 2022 Digest (April 2022)
IAIABC 107th Convention (Virtual pre-Convention meetings September 2021)
The Forum 2021 Digest (April 2021)
Committees are governed by the IAIABC Committee Handbook.
Committee Leadership (take this section out on main page)
IAIABC committees are led by a chair and vice chair who each serve two year calendar terms and are appointed by the IAIABC president.
Responsibilities and Expectations
Leader responsibilities include:
- Attending and leading committee meetings, both face-to-face and virtual.
- Developing meeting agendas that drive the mission of the IAIABC.
- Assigning tasks to committee members as needed.
- Ensuring committee projects and tasks stay on target and on time.
- Attending Joint Committee Council (committee leadership) meetings and reporting on relevant committee activities and work items.
- Assisting in development of content for IAIABC educational programs.
- Leading and participating in the committee's online community discussions.