IAIABC Elects 2019-2020 Board of Directors
On Thursday, October 24, 2019, members of the International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions (IAIABC) elected the 2019 – 2020 Board of Directors. The IAIABC is pleased to welcome Evelyn V. McGill, Executive Director, Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission, as IAIABC President.
New members of the Board of Directors this term are Ann Shannon, Claims Operations Services, Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and Scott Weiant, Deputy Secretary Compensation and Insurance, Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry.
The IAIABC Board of Directors is the governing body of the IAIABC, the largest association of workers’ compensation jurisdictional agencies in North America. The 2019 – 2020 Board of Directors is comprised of leaders from thirteen jurisdictional agencies and two ex-officio members.
“I am excited to embrace this global opportunity to help advance the IAIABC’s work to shape the future of workers’ compensation and improve injured worker outcomes. Being chosen to lead to an international group of world-class workers’ compensation professionals truly is an honor and very humbling experience,” stated Ms. McGill.
Members of the Board of Directors include:
- President: Evelyn V. McGill, Executive Director, Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission
- President-Elect: Ron Dressler, Director, Utah Division of Industrial Accidents
- Vice President: Gregor Kemper, Director of International Relations, German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV)
- Secretary-Treasurer: Mark Long, Director, Michigan Workers’ Disability Compensation Agency
- Immediate Past President: Abbie Hudgens, Administrator, Tennessee Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
Members at Large
- Robert Doucette, Deputy Superintendent of Insurance, New Mexico Office of Superintendent of Insurance
- Anna Hui, Director, Missouri Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
- Victoria Kennedy, Assistant Director, Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
- Frank R. McKay, Chairman, Georgia State Workers’ Compensation Board
- Ann Shannon, Claims Operations Services, Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Bill Wheeler, Deputy Administrator, Montana Employment Relations Division
- Scott Weiant, Deputy Secretary Compensation and Insurance, Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry
- Tom Glasson, Director of Regulatory Affairs, AIG
- Jennifer Wolf, Executive Director, IAIABC
For more information about the IAIABC Board of Directors, please visit https://www.iaiabc.org/board-of-directors
About the IAIABC
Founded in 1914, the International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions is a not-for-profit association representing most of the government agencies charged with the administration of workers’ compensation systems throughout the United States, Canada, and other nations and territories as well as other workers’ compensation professionals in the private sector. Its mission is to advance the efficiency and effectiveness of workers’ compensation systems throughout the world. It is governed by a Board of Directors of jurisdictional agency leaders, and maintains a staff headquarters in Middleton, Wisconsin, USA.
Contact: Heather Lore, Senior Manager, Membership and Communications, IAIABC
Phone: +1 (608) 841-2017